A comprehensive trip to Laikipia North for a full cultural, landscape and nature experience; whereby you will get to visit various women groups and community projects whose efforts are mainly to conserve their natural environment while creating alternative income-generating livelihoods.
Get to enjoy this incredible 4-Day cultural and nature safari that incorporates learning and understanding the northern landscape, ecosystem and all the conservation efforts put in place by the communities (majorly women groups) along the Ewaso Ngiro River and within Community conservancies.
Ol Ng’aboli means “fig tree” in Maasai; this describes the location of the Banda which is nestled under the branches of the largest and oldest fig tree in the area, 75km from Nanyuki town. It is located on the banks of Ewaso Ng’iro River, in Naibung’a Lower Conservancy. The Banda is managed by all-women pastoralist group. You will be able to interact with women, culture, the Ewaso Ng’iro River
Dinner and overnight at the Bandas
Twala-Tenebo is a women-managed cultural manyatta that co-exists with diverse wildlife and sustain themselves through aloe farming, beadwork, bee keeping and eco-tourism. This sets a perfect example of indigenous women supporting and empowering themselves through conservation, permaculture and business.
What to expect;
- To understand the projects done by women for conservation and business;
- To observe and take part in traditional maasai culture;
- To experience the day-to-day traditional life of a maasai women through a visit to the manyattas and stories;
- To experience songs and dances by colorfully beaded maasai women;
- To experience the “Baboon Walk” among a troop of baboons in their natural habitat.
Dinner and overnight either at the Cultural manyatta
Il Ngwesi eco lodge is owned by the maasai community of Il Ngwesi community conservation. The eco lodge offers a great experience of the co-existence of wildlife, maasai culture and conservation models used by the community to maintain and sustain their ecosystem.
What to expect;
- Spend time with local maasai women
- Interaction with the grazing committee to have an insight on their conservation models
- Traditional Fire Making
- Traditional hunting techniques
- Traditional dances
- Traditional games
- Bush drives – morning and evening; With Sundowner or breakfast or both
- Walk to the rhino sanctuary
- Wildlife viewing from then comfort of your room and lodge
Dinner and overnight at the Lodge – (Might get to sleep on the star bed depending on availability)
You will have an early morning start to carry out activities not done from the previous day, as you depart for back to Nairobi (This is highly dependent on your flight schedule).
- • All accommodations during the tour
- • All meals during the tour
- • All activities/ game viewing drives in safari vans
- • Transport in a private safari minivan/Landcruiser with open roof
- • English speaking tour guide and/or driver
- • Applicable government taxes and levies
- • All park entrance fees & Activity fees
- • Bottled drinking water per day
- • International flights and taxes
- • Passport visa
- • Traveler’s insurance
- • Tips and gratuities to driver/guides
- • Laundry
- • Alcoholic drinks
GOOD TO KNOW
We require a completed booking form and a deposit of approximately 30% of the total trip cost, depending on the trip. The person signing the booking form does soon behalf of all other persons mentioned on the form. A contract exists when we issue written confirmation of your booking. We reserve the right to refuse any booking at our discretion.
If you cancel your trip: Cancellation of your trip must be made in writing to us and be signed by the person whose name and signature appears on the booking form. As we may incur considerable costs if you cancel, we will retain your deposit and may impose the following cancellation charges: 31 -15 days before departure – 80%, 14 days or less before departure – 100%. We strongly advise you to take out suitable insurance to cover such potential losses. If we cancel your trip: If we are forced to cancel your trip for reasons beyond our reasonable control (“force majeure”) we will offer you the choice of a full refund of any monies paid or an alternative trip. The Company will accept no liability for any costs incurred by you for anything other than the monies paid to us for the trip.
You must be adequately insured for any trip as a condition of booking. This should include cover for personal accident and medical expenses, including repatriation, and you are strongly advised to include cover for cancellation, curtailment and loss of property. Please carry a copy with you on the trip and leave a copy with a relative in your country of origin.